Thursday, January 31, 2008

Do You Like Winter?


The winter is a hard season. The weather is cold, wet, and windy. People stay inside all day, children (and Stephanie) longing to PLAY outside. I just wanted to go for a walk yesterday, that should be easy, right? So Chris, Cooper, and I all loaded up in the car and went to the park by the river. Only to find that the path was covered with ice and snow, like everything else. The ice was so thick that when we stepped on it we could see the water moving underneath. I don't know why I thought they would clear that path when they don't even plow the residential streets, but I was really hoping they would. Needless to say our walk was short and cold. Despite the fact that it is cold during the winter I also find such beauty to go along with it. I love the white blanket of snow it really does bring joy to my heart.

I also like storms, one of my favorite memories from when Chris and I were getting to know eachother occured during a storm. We were in Pullman at Dan's and there was a lot of people over watching Eight Below, during this movie is when Chris first held my hand. Then after the movie everyone else went home, it was a pretty stormy night. Him and I sat talking and cuddling (no kissing though) for a long time and watched the storm through the windows , then the power went out, so we sat there longer not wanting to end the evening. Anyways we eventually decided that I needed to get home before the weather got even worse.

So, even though winter can be hard, and depressing. It can also be exhillerating and fun. It means sledding, snowmen, snowdays, and storms. It means camping in the livingroom, playing games with family, it means holidays and good food. I have decided that the good really does outweigh the bad even though I can't go for my walk. Spring and summer will be here before we know it.

No comments: