Thursday, July 07, 2011

Matthew's first Birthday Party!!

We celebrated Matthew's birthday on July 2nd (only 13 days early..) However by celebrating it early we were able to have a big party out at Mason Lake, my grandparents have a house out there that used to belong to my great grandparents and I spent many summer days there.
I spent a few days leading up to the party making favors and finding the perfect plates and decorations for his party. It was a lot of fun to plan, and everything came together really well I think. I forgot to take a picture of the favors I made :( which makes me sad because they turned out really cute. I made rice crispy treats and brownies and shaped them like Popsicles, put them on Popsicle sticks, and then dipped them in chocolate and sprinkled them with fun sprinkles. I wrapped them in a treat bag and tied a ribbon around the stick and put a tag on it that said, "Thank you for coming, It's what should be said, But I can't so here's a "popsicle" instead."
Matthew loves the presents he got and really liked eating the cake of course. The party turned out great, and I think it was an excellent first birthday!
After the cake

The decorations






Matthew's first birthday cake, we think it turned out really cute. We had safeway make it because it was too hard to make it while traveling. We called and told them the toys we had to put on, and asked that they make him a cake with a dirt track. Then we added the cars, ribbons, and candles.

Safeway gives you a free baby cake when you order a first birthday cake through them, his got damaged in the box, but it still tasted good. He started by poking the cake and licking the frosting off his fingers... he did this for about 12 minutes :)

I finally cut the cake so that he could see there was something besides the frosting.

Digging in!

No comments: