Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Some Tidbits...

I have many posts I have been meaning to make... and I have not gotten around to it, so I am going to take a minute and cover them, maybe I will add pictures later...

First: Matthew loves his shoes and I have to hide them from him or he would want to sleep in them!

Second: Chris has a super busy semester and I love him for working so hard for us, but I am going to miss having him around! He has Anatomy this semester along with 15 other credits in science courses, so he will be gone 3 evenings a week, in addition to most days all day... This makes for very long hard day for me, and during my selfish moments, well lets just say I'm not happy. He is a very patient, loving, and understanding husband, I am very thankful for that!

Third: I am pregnant. This is exciting but super stressful for me. I am so worried all the time that we will lose this pregnancy too. In addition to that I am exhausted and super busy (see above). We had our first ultrasound yesterday, I had it done at Pullman Regional, the tech scared me. He went through both ultrasounds, and went from chatting and being friendly to being sad and glum and super quiet. He didn't tell me anything, or let me hear the heart beat. I was sure that meant that something was wrong! He had the radiologist come in because I also had a follow up breast ultrasound (checking up on a cyst that contributed to me having to quit breastfeeding), the radiologist came and spoke to me about that (we can have them poke it and take a sample, or just check again in a year, he is positive it is nothing to worry about). Then he was about to leave and I finally was like wait i need to know about the other ultrasound, he turned to the tech and asked what else I had done and if there were any concerns and the tech told him it was an early pregnancy ultrasound and everything looked fine, baby was just measuring a different age than we were estimating. Oh my goodness I almost broke down then because I was so relieved.

Fourth: Matthew is the greatest kid ever! We love him and he makes us smile and laugh all the time. He loves music, dancing, going on walks, playing in the sand box, and playing with all his friends. He also has recently taken to kissing us and pretty much anything with a face. He will kiss the animals and people in stories we read. He kisses the bear at the indoor play area (cute and gross at the same time when I think about all the germs). We love our sweet Matthew kisses though :)

Fifth: I guess I should say I am about 7.5 weeks and due April 11th as long as all goes well.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats! I know pregnancy after a miscarriage is a totally different animal. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy every stage of your pregnancy and relax a little more than I did. :) I was so sure something was going to go wrong all along. But things will be as they should. Good luck with keeping up with your little boy plus all the daycare kids... WOW! You're my hero. :)

miriam said...

Congratulations! I didn't know you had a miscarriage. Good luck with this pregnancy! My sister always tells really early, and she says that way if something were to happen, she would get lots of love and support that way. Hopefully that will not be the case for you! Congratulations again!!

Unknown said...

Thanks you two! It certainly is going to be busy... I remember with Matthew I was able to come home from work and relax and be able to rest, that is the part I really miss now. By the time all the daycare kids go home I am ready to crash, but I still have my sweet little boy to watch :) Pregnancy after a miscarriage is very nerve racking... I just need to relax and realize that what is meant to happen will, and all the worrying I do won't change anything... I know I will still worry :)