Monday, October 15, 2012

Our Musician

I wish that I had my camera at church on Sunday because this moment was just so precious. We were staying late after church because Chris had a PPI and I was getting set apart for my calling, anyways Matthew, Emma and I were waiting for Chris to be done.

The choir practices in the chapel after church and Matthew realized that they were in there SINGING! Oh my he was so excited, "Sing, Sing, Song!" 

Not wanting to restrict him from hearing the great choir we have I told him he could sit on the back pew so I could still see him, and he could still watch and listen. Well I was distracted for a couple of minutes and I look over to him and he is sitting on the back pew still, with a Hymn book open, and his hand up leading the music. He was keeping a perfect beat, so calm, and just grinning. It was precious, and made my day to see him enjoy the music so much.

On other music news,

He is starting to ask for children's Hymns by name, and is using words trying to sing along with us each night before bed.

He loves to walk around the house playing his guitar and singing songs.

Anything can be a microphone, even my elbow (he really enjoys singing into elbows... he has got a funny little sense of humor)

Yup, he is driven by music he loves it, and we are doing our best to encourage and develop his love of music.

Matthew 27 Months

No comments: