Friday, October 05, 2012

Seriously Frustrating!

So I just need to vent about this so bear with me, and if you don't want to read it feel free to skip this post all together.

****Start of Rant****

We unfortunately have to put the kids on state insurance because of money flow issues, plus being self employed doesn't provide insurance easily. So I have been trying to get these kids on Oregon insurance for months now. I finally get all the information and everything arranged for insurance and begin to call the providers they have listed in the book they send out, as soon as providers are hearing the insurance I have they immediately say they are not accepting patients with that insurance. SO FRUSTRATING! My kids are over 2 months late for their well child visits, which means Emma is way behind on her immunization schedule, and I can't find a doctor! So one office finally tells me that I need to call and switch to this other insurance provider because no one in the area likes dealing with my current insurance provider so they are all stopping accepting patients from them. I take her advice and call to try and switch, they were able to switch me over but it will not be active until November!

So now I have to figure out if I should wait one more month and take them into Portland for a visit, or if I should just wait another month and take them to the doctor we will hopefully be staying with while we are in the area. I HATE doctor hopping, I want my kids to know where they went, I don't want 10 different offices with records on them, if I ever need to refer back to an office we went I would like to know which one it is. I know in Pullman they went to Pullman Family Medicine, simple easy. Arrrrrghhh!!!!!

****End Rant*****

Thanks for reading :)

3 comments:

miriam said...

I miss pullman family medicine. I wanted to see a family practitioner, which left me with ONE option in Jackson. Thankfully, I like her. I hope everything works out!

Unknown said...

I miss them too! I wish there was a way I could afford to insure us, but then we would not only have the monthly premium but also co-pays and co-insurance to deal. I'm sure something will work out, I'm just frustrated because now Emma is behind on her shots...

Naomi Jackson said...

Oh my bob that would be sooo frustrating! I wish they wouldn't make it so hard to get things done. I'm glad it will work out for you soon though! Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue for Emma either. Hang in there Steph!