Saturday, December 15, 2012

So sad :(

I have been torn up inside ever since I heard about the terrible tragedy on Friday. All those sweet innocent children, and teachers who tried to save and protect them. I literally was just sick to my stomach thinking about it, and have been avoiding the computer as much as possible because it is everywhere. 
As a parent of young children I cannot imagine what could be the thought process of going to an elementary school with that much anger. All I can think was that he was a coward and figured they wouldn't be able to fight back.
I am getting more and more scared to one day put my children in school. Although currently even going to the mall is an unnerving thought as there was a shooting in the mall about an hour from our house. How can I protect my children? How do you come to terms with so many innocent lives being taken in such a horrific manner? I am at a loss and grasping for some sort of understanding. 
The only comfort I can find is that they are safe with our Heavenly Father. I pray for comfort and strength for the families of the victims. I pray that we will always remember the heroic teachers who did everything they could to protect the children in their care. I pray that as a nation we will find some understanding and a way to heal, and that we can figure out how to stop these terrible acts against one another.

No comments: