Monday, September 19, 2011

Baby #2 Update

So we had another checkup today, which I actually like. I look forward to pregnancy appointments, I love to hear the heartbeat! Especially early in the pregnancy before I can feel the baby, and it was especially exciting this time because I am still so hesitant to be excited, in case something goes wrong, we are almost through the first trimester though! Each week we successfully complete I get a little more excited :) 

The baby's heart rate was a strong 170 beats per minute (which doc says is completely normal). This doctor has been great so far, he listens to me, answers my questions happily, and he even let me listen to the heartbeat longer and got excited when the baby would move around. A much different experience than we had at our last OB, and I am glad for that!

3 comments:

Becky Bell said...

Yay for almost being out of the 1st trimester! I like pregnancy appointments too. It's always so exciting to hear the heartbeat! I'm glad you have a good OB. I miss the one I had with Libby, she was awesome. The one here is not as easy to talk to.

Naomi Jackson said...

Gary's friend Nick would always ask how I was doing, then follow it up with the heartbeat monitor sound "hwoushwoushwoush" Great sound

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you don't like your Doctor Becky! I have been there, can you switch?? If I could go back and switch Doctors with Matthew I would.

The heartbeat is just a wonderful sound :)