Saturday, September 10, 2011

Oh Teething....

Matthew has been teething since Tuesday and is driving me crazy. I love this kid with all my heart but I have dealt with more whining in the last 5 days than I can handle without loosing my mind...

Don't get me wrong I feel really bad that he is in so much pain, has had a fever for days, and doesn't even want to eat. I totally understand that he is generally miserable and I have given him cuddle time galore, let him eat almost anything he wanted (not much, usually yogurt bites), and he even got a nice new stuffed giraffe to cuddle with. 

All I am saying is that 4 teeth coming through in a week is just mean to everyone involved, especially since we have only had two completely break through which means that we still have two more to go!

So if you are at home with happy children or no children at all just remember you could have a teething child with you but you don't, so smile and enjoy it!

1 comment:

richardbell1121 said...

i hate teething too. Libby has had 3 teeth poke through this week, while we are on vacation no less. Luckily she is taking them pretty well (lots of distractions and grandparents). The molars and eye teeth are the worst and take forever to come in. Good luck. I can totally relate to how you feel. Having a whiny, clingy kid that refuses to eat can be ridiculously frustrating. It's a good thing they are so cute!
~becky