Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Busy Busy Busy

Matthew and Santa December 2010 (5 months)

Matthew Christmas 2010 opening his Christmas present with the help of his cousins

Matthew had fun in the Cozy Coupe for the daycare
It has been awhile since I last posted. We had a wonderful Christmas, we were able to spend it in Nevada and California with Chris' family. It was great to see everyone and to have Matthew meet the rest of his family. For the first part of our trip we drove down to Carson City and spent a week with Linda, while we were there we were able to spend a day in Reno and get Matthews picture taken with Santa, and we also drove over to see Matthews great grandparents and great great grandpa in California.
The day after Christmas we drove down to Sacramento California to Jeremy and Heathers house and we had a big family Christmas celebration there. It was a full house, but very nice to see everyone. We opened presents that night, however Matthew slept through present time so he opened his the next morning.
Then we drove up to Susanville, California and spent the rest of our trip with John and Diana, Dan, Mandy and her kids.
We are not able to make it to the area very often and it was nice to be able to spend a long time visiting with family. We had a great Christmas!

During the trip I was also fighting a loosing battle with Mastitis- yuck. I went through about 4 rounds of antibiotics including a shot of antibiotic from a urgent care clinic. Nothing seemed to help. When we got back and had another round of antibiotics not help, I went for an ultrasound to see if there was anything else going on. Luckily there was no absess or anything like that, however they did want a follow up ultrasound in a few months and that required me to stop breastfeeding and switch Matthew to formula.
I was sad to have to switch him but at the same time I was really ready for the constant pain to go away. Matthew handled the switch really well, I think there are times when he still misses nursing but he seems happy for the most part. I also am not in pain anymore which is very nice.
Before we left for our trip we also found Cooper a new home with a very nice family. He is doing really well, and has kids, cats, and another dog to play with. I saw him yesterday and he is doing really well and I am glad that we were able to find him a nice home!
We also are very excited because we are now licensed to run our home daycare! This has been something that I have been planning for so long and now I am finally able to start advertising, and hopefully caring for some children.
That is what we have been up to, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a great start to 2011!







No comments: