Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy 30th Anniversary!


February 20th was my Mom and Dads 30th wedding anniversary. I was looking for a picture of just the two of them and couldn't find one so this will have to do (just ignore me). They were married in Key Center on the evening of the 20th, and spent their honeymoon out at Mason Lake. After that they spent the first 4 years of their marriage in Pullman, where they welcomed their first son (Jason) and my Dad received his BS Degree in construction management. They both worked very hard during those first few years, trying to work and take care of Jason and have my Dad go to school full time. After that they moved to Gig Harbor and built a house and during that transition they welcomed their second child (me), they continued to work hard to take care of the family. After this point my Dad started diving and eventually started his own Geoduck harvesting business that he has been successfully running since. We spent lots of time as a family camping and playing at the lake, among many other activities of course. Then when I was about 8 years old they welcomed their 3rd child (Zachary). We continued to spend lots of fun summers together, and they worked hard to give us every opportunity that they could. Now as they are celebrating their 30 years together I am celebrating also, because they have spent their lives taking care of my brothers and I. Now they have one more year until their youngest son in 18, and I hope that as they enter a new phase in their life they will enjoy spending time together and traveling, and of course loving each other!
Thank you Mom and Dad for a wonderful life, Happy Anniversary! We all love you!

No comments: