Monday, October 10, 2011

Baby #2 Update

I was excited all day today because I got to go to the doctor!
This is usually not how I feel about seeing a doctor, however, like I said after the last appointment - I LOVE to hear the heartbeat!
As soon as the doc put the doppler on my tummy we heard the heartbeat. I have to say I love this doc's reaction because as soon as the heartbeat is found he gets this happy grin on his face. So we were sitting there listening to the heartbeat and the baby is moving all over, and all of a sudden the doc says "Hey its running away from me!"
Then he added that he was very happy about that because it means the baby's brain and body is developing as it should be.
I don't know any Mom that doesn't want to hear that!
So all seems well so far!


I was able to schedule my next two appointments before I left. I always schedule early because we have to fit appointments in around Chris's school schedule. Anyways, the next appointment is a routine pregnancy check up like this one was, but after that is the mid-pregnancy ultrasound! I can't believe that we are already getting close to the halfway mark! The appointment isn't until the end of November (really I think it's the 30th?) but still it seems so close, especially with how fast time has been flying by.


On a Matthew note: He is amazing, and we love him!
Yup he has switched to the toddler bed with only one bad night so far and that was because he didn't feel well so it would have been a bad night in the crib also. He loves to read books, his favorite are counting books and his shape book. He loves the animal puzzles we have, and all his stuffed animals.
Another thing he has gotten down are prayer arms. The other day Matthew and I had already sat down and started eating and Chris came to join us. Chris folded his arms to bless his food and I look at Matthew and he had folded his arms just like his Daddy. 
I love my boys!

No comments: