Tuesday, October 04, 2011

First Night in the Big Boy Bed!

Well we bought the toddler bed I talked about and I brought it home yesterday at about 8:15 right before Matthew normally goes to bed. I figured we would just put it in his room for a few months and move him into it around 18 months because that was our plan. Well Matthew thought it was the coolest thing ever. We had it in the living room and he crawled onto it with no mattress, so Chris went and got his mattress from his crib and put it on the bed. That made Matthew even more excited, he even climbed down went into his room and found his pillow pet that was given to him by the Lee's from my baby shower and then put that on the bed with him! We were shocked and talked about the plan, we decided to see how he would do in the bed, so I rearranged his room quickly to make room for it, planning on him falling out of course :) and then we did our normal bedtime routine and put him in his toddler bed hoping for the best. I was excited because I only had to put him back in bed twice and he was asleep on his bed all night long! The next test is nap time of course but I think we may be taking down the crib this week!

Here are a few pictures to document the occasion



Update:
****** So this kid continues to amaze me. I laid him down in his new bed for nap, and didn't have to go back in to lay him down. He just went right to sleep! *********

1 comment:

Becky Bell said...

That's awesome that he's so excited about his bed!