Sunday, December 11, 2011

Goodluck!

Yesterday was a busy day. We left the house around 8 in the morning and headed up to Coeur d' Lane, Id where we met a lady off Craigslist and bought some cute girl clothes from her. Now I feel like we will be able to dress our little girl, especially since we have some good friends (the Jackson's) who have of offered lots of hand me downs for baby girl!

After we got the clothes we headed over to Spokane and saw our friends Tim and Liz and Matthew got to play with Travis while Chris and I made a quick trip to Costco (we got really neat things like paper towels, Kleenex, and toilet paper). Matthew had fun playing and it was great to see our friends even if it was a quick visit.

Then we were able to go and see our friends Adam and Bridgett who are moving to Kansas next week! It is crazy to think they are moving so far away but it will be great for them. Adam got a job in Kansas and we wish them the best of luck in their new adventure! It was nice to hang out with some great friends for awhile, we were all close while undergrads at WSU and have remained friends through all the changes life has brought, we were missing a few good friends from the group they know who they are.

After that we ran a few more errands got some dinner and headed home. I was sad I forgot my camera and was not able to get pictures of any of our adventures but it was a good day. On another note I think that Chris and I are more than ready to move on from Pullman, there are a few people we will miss a lot who are in the area, but other than them. We are pretty much just ready to leave. We have been going to church and activities and all the things you do to make friends and for some reason, maybe we smell bad, but we have only made a couple new friends in church. If those few people are not there then we literally sit alone at activities. People have even taken chairs from our table to move them to another table that was full. Not trying to complain but I am ready to stop going to activities and start out in a new ward that we might actually feel like a part of. We really attribute a lot of this to the set up of the ward, because it is all married students who are super busy like we are, and if you can't make it to certain things the relief society organizes then you don't really get to make friends. We don't have anything against people in the ward in fact they are all nice people from the little that we have interacted with them, we are just ready to move someplace with a more welcoming ward.

7 comments:

Molly Jo Stark said...

you know what is sad is that I feel the same way you do about our ward. People ask me, "oh, are you new?" NO! I HAVE BEEN HERE LONGER THEN YOU! haha. Anyways....I know another girl from our ward who i just talked to about this same thing. It's sad. It's not supposed to be this way.
Anyways...we need to reschedule to hang out soon! :)

Shannon J said...

When I got married, I always wished I could go back to the singles ward. It was such an awesome ward and the married ward was, well, you know. Anyways, when does Chris graduate and what are your plans after that?

Shannon J said...

I wish we would have hung out more when we lived in Pullman. We always wanted more friends.

Naomi Jackson said...

You know, I feel very similarly about the ward, even though there are some super nice people there. Perhaps we should make the plunge into the Terre View Ward together!

miriam said...

same boat! that's why I've stopped even bothering going to activities if I can. pretty much if you don't go to project group, I think you're kind of exiled... or if your husband works really really hard and is gone a lot, or if you want to spend your evenings with him... we are ready to move on, just waiting on that police job!!

Unknown said...

It is good to know we are not the only ones who feel this way... I just am not sure what to do about it. We leave in June so switching wards is probably not a good option for us, but Naomi since you and Gary are going to be here for awhile it might be something to consider.
Shannon we are just waiting to hear from Optometry schools, he graduates in May, and then we are hoping for forest grove, Oregon. Molly we will have to plan something, you should send me a Facebook message and let me know what your holiday plans are.

Litza said...

You got to see Adam & Bridget before they moved, too? Man... I miss all of you! I don't want to move back to Pullman, but maybe we could all conspire to move somewhere else together! Bwahaha! Me... and all my married friends... hmm. lol, Nah, it's all gravy still!