Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Signing Time

I went to the library the other day and found a movie for kids called "Signing Time" and it is great! Matthew loves it and each time he watches it he picks up another sign which is wonderful, hopefully we will get more spoken words soon, but for now this will help us communicate a little better.

So far he has learned:
Milk
Food
Ball
Dog

We have watched it about 3 times so that is pretty good I think. Now he knows those signs plus:
More
Please
Love it and totally recommend it to everyone with toddlers, especially those lacking spoken language like mine :) We will be moving on to volume 2 here at the end of the week I think.

2 comments:

Molly Jo Stark said...

ooooh good to know! I can't wait to teach Gia siign language!

Unknown said...

I totally recommend signing! We started with Matthew when he was beginning to eat solids but I was never very good at being consistent with it so he only learned more and please. It was actually enough until recently, now he needs more words. This video series it great for that, I think it will also help him to hear the words over and over, he tries to say them while he signs them. Overall I think it is positive. There are some good things you can give your child from TV :)