Friday, December 02, 2011

Names

Now that we are having a girl we get to talk about names.
Lots and lots of names, we have some favorites,
but I'm not sure if they are the only ones we want to consider...

Here is how we named Matthew,
We looked at hundreds of names,
made lists,
and then more lists,
and evenually narrowed it down to about 5 names,
we took that list to the hospital with us.

At that time I thought naming a girl would be so much easier!
Ha! So here is what I am asking,
Do you have a favorite name for a girl?
Or maybe a few favorites?
Why do you like them?

We are (I think) going to copy a friend of mine who gathered a bunch of names and then made a bracket, they then went down the list choosing one over the other, they ended up with a great name, which they both liked, and it was not one they would have thought originally. Now we may do this a few times or take the runners up with us to the hospital also. Then when we meet our baby girl we will have a nice list of names and can choose the one we feel fits her best.

Please comment with some awesome names to add to our list!

Thanks!!

5 comments:

Molly Jo Stark said...

Some of my favorite names that I can't use (John doesn't like them!) are...
1. Chloe - I just think it is one of those really beautiful names that you dont hear often enough.

2. Audrey - Our closest friends named their girl Audrey so we cant use it. hehe.

3. Lydia - This is probably my favorite, but John's ex-girlfriend has a girl that she named Lydia and I just can't do it! HAHA!!

John's favorite name for a girl is Emily. He just thinks it is really classic and pretty :)

Unknown said...

I added those to the list. I already had Aubrey, I'm not sure which one I like more though. Emily is one of Chris's favorites too. Chloe and Lydia were not on the list yet but are very nice names. Thanks!

Naomi Jackson said...

I really like the name Chloe, but it seems like everyone is naming their daughters Chloe nowadays. It's an uber popular name right now. It's funny how these things happen in spurts. I like the name Emmalene, which now that I've written it looks really strange, but still sounds pretty. Rather old-fashioned though. I also like the name Aurelia. Not sure why. I have strange taste in names I guess. Good luck finding the right one!

Becky Bell said...

My favorite girl's name right now is Eleanor and Ellie as a nickname. I also really like the names Molly, Lily, and Anna

Unknown said...

Caroline or Carolynn, not made up but not common