Friday, January 20, 2012

A Week Later

We were on the verge of giving up,
feeling defeated and beat up by an 18 month old,
questioning and second guessing my decision,
questioning the books I had read.
But then today!
He has started showing signs that he is getting it,
he is telling us when he needs to go pee,
we made some of it in the potty once!
He knows when he needs to go poop,
still scared to go on the potty though,
doesn't want diapers anymore,
cries when we put him on the changing table.
We will keep on keeping on,
if you decide to potty train with the same method we chose,
make sure you have a steam cleaner and a washer and dryer :)
It is a little messy... okay a lot messy!

2 comments:

miriam said...

oh no! I'm sorry it hasn't been going well. I think that step is something every parent dreads. I know I'm not looking forward to it!

Unknown said...

The hard part has been that he is learning how to control his muscles and learn his body signals. This takes time, I was feeling discouraged because we went all week and only pooped once in the potty, no pee ever made it. Yesterday I ran out of underwear and put him back in diapers for most of the day and he started telling me he needed to go because he doesn't like the diapers now. We have started having success getting pee in the potty. The problem now is that he likes to stand and pee, and squat and poop... Makes it hard to use the potty :) Lots of fun! Miriam you should read the book I posted because you may want to start some potty introductions earlier than we did.