Thursday, March 15, 2012

Boxes and Rambling

I have officially started the packing process. There are lots of items that can be packed up early, we are working on books, pictures, and artwork. I am also focusing on our bedroom because it has become the store-all room and currently we still need to make room for baby girl. I would really like to get the cradle in and all the bedding washed and ready to go, but in order to do this I need to make room.
I was worried that having the boxes around and starting to change things would disturb Matthew but so far he seems okay with it. I think he will be okay as long as we leave his room alone for now. Plus he really likes that we let him color the boxes after we pack and label them. It is a fun way to include him and to make the process fun. I figure they are just boxes so why not let him make them beautiful :)
I really like the idea of having lots of the odds and ends packed before baby girl comes, it will make moving much less stressful if we are organized and ready before she comes.
So there you have it, my goal before baby comes, pack, organize, and make a baby corner in our room. Baby corner is first priority though. I feel like I need to have that done this weekend, so I am working there first. unfortunately this may be the hardest task because it involves sorting through all the paperwork that is on the computer desk, organizing the piles of junk in our room, and moving the desk and desktop computer to storage. I have seriously considered getting rid of the desk and desktop computer but I think we will use them in the preschool room at the new house. So, as much as I want to toss them (give them away) I don't want to risk having to re-buy something later. Although I really would like a child size computer desk for it, we will have to wait for extra money to do that.
I am so excited that the new house will have a designated "preschool" room. The living room will be used as a preschool area and it is separate from the great room that is off the kitchen. So we will have a small living room that is our own set up and then the real "living room" will be for the business. No more living in a preschool 24/7 like we have been doing here. The house is set up so the living room is easy to close off from the rest of the house, there is a door on one side and a small entry way on the other where we can put our baby gate that is currently at the top of the stairs. There is also a half bath in the laundry/mud room that we can use for the daycare and we will not have to share the full bath.
Sorry this is a whole bunch of rambling about things I am planning. This is the exciting part of moving for me, getting to plan and set up a new house. This house we are excited to be setting up, and I think we can make it feel very home like for the kids. Knowing that we will be there for four years makes it easy to move in and make it our own. Matthew will be 6 before we possibly move so he will remember this house the best from his younger years, I want to make sure they are good memories. Having a park and elementary school across the street should help though :)

Baby Girl Update:
I am 36 weeks as of yesterday which makes me officially 9 months pregnant! So far no worries about blood sugar levels, I am monitoring with a glucose monitor twice a day per doctor request. 
The ultrasound had her measuring about 4 days small from my original due date (the 20 week ultrasound said the same thing I believe). So I am not sure what the doctor will say about that this time. I am hoping he doesn't move my due date but it is possible I guess :(
However, if she is due a little later that will be good to know because it would change when they start pushing being induced. I really would like to avoid that if possible so moving her due date would give her a few extra days to make her appearance if she needs them, however I am hoping she doesn't wait that long!

No comments: