Thursday, March 01, 2012

Yup...

So baby was super quiet yesterday, all day, I can't remember feeling her at all. It was kinda nice to not be sore I just figured she was sleepy. Then when it was time for bed I laid down and tried to do a kick count. Nothing, I actually fell asleep before I even felt one movement. Telling myself it was fine she would be awake in the middle of the night like she always is after I go to the bathroom. Nothing again. I could not get her to move.. and then I was done waiting. I called my doctor, Chris got Matthew out of bed.
We went and visited the nice people at Labor and Delivery for a non-stress test.

We got there and they put her on the monitor I immediately was relieved to hear the heartbeat, 130 beats per minute. They wanted to monitor for awhile, and eventually she finally started moving, and then she kept flipping so they had to keep moving the heart rate monitor. I was relieved to say the least.

I felt silly going because I figured it was probably nothing, however she would not move or wake up or do anything for me. I was all done waiting. I decided it was better to be safe at that point and just have them check on her. 

I still feel silly, but at least I know she is healthy! Another plus it got me out of my glucose test this morning :)

1 comment:

miriam said...

that's so scary! I'm glad everything is okay. It's better to feel silly than have something wrong. We invest too much into these little babies to take any chances! I ended up having a c-section because something was wrong, and nobody could really figure out exactly why, and even though my dr was telling me 90% of the time everything is fine, I was NOT risking that 10%. luckily, we ended up being part of the 90%.