Monday, November 21, 2011

Babysitting

So this may just be me and the way I interpret the word babysitting, but it drives me crazy when parents say they are babysitting their own children. I just want to sit them down and explain that they are parenting their children not babysitting them. Now I know that not everyone views the word or maybe interprets it like I do but I just think it is silly. I never ask Chris to babysit Matthew when I have to leave because Matthew is HIS son, so it is not babysitting he is just being Matthew's dad and taking care of him without me, like I do when he is gone. I'm sorry for the rant but it is just a little pet peeve of mine and thought I would blog about it :)

On another more personal note I had a cyst drained that developed while BF Matthew and it was a normal non-malignant cyst so that is good news (it was what they thought - 99% sure but we checked it anyways). The radiologist was able to explain why I still have pain there, and what I need to do in order to BF successfully with less pain for this next baby, because of some abnormal ducts. So despite the needles and pain tonight I feel like it was a good visit and at least I understand a bit more about what is going on!

1 comment:

Naomi Jackson said...

That's great news! I'm glad you'll be able to BF your new little one, it's so important for them!

I also have the same pet peeve. Babysitting implies that they don't belong to you. You can watch your own children, but you can't babysit them.