Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Scary

So I have never been one to listen to all the birth horror stories and get scared. In fact with Matthew the only thing I was worried about was managing my pain.
This year however I know of so many people who have had really scary experiences with childbirth. Some having to be induced early, some complications during labor, some complications with recovery.

In at least three they involved emergency blood transfusions.
In another one an emergency c-section.
In one of those the baby had to be delivered 6 weeks early and was in the NICU for a couple weeks.
In most of them if the doctors/nurses had not been paying close attention someone would have died if not both mom and baby.

Knowing all of these people personally makes it all seem more real, it really does worry me. I am trying to push it all out of my mind. I am trying to remember that there once was a day when these complications would have been deadly but now they are just setbacks which tend to prolong healing time.

It is still scary, but I am very thankful that each one of them had a full recovery.

On another note happy Leap Day :)
 

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Sorry to scare you! Just be grateful for modern medicine. I'm so glad I've had a full recovery. I'm sure you will be fine. God looks out for us.

Oh and I know your baby shower is this weekend. We have to go help Travis grandpa. So we might not be back. But I still have a gift for you and I have bow materials. Can I bring them to the activity tomorrow? Will you be there. Or I can bring them to your house tomorrow?

Unknown said...

Thanks Courtney :) I know logically that I should be just fine, I am not at any higher risk than I was before. It just all seems more possible.

We will miss you at the shower, but family definitely comes first. I am planning on coming to the activity tonight, I will bring your gift for Mason since I still have not got that to you :)