Monday, February 13, 2012

Forest Grove

This last weekend I went with Chris to his interview with Pacific University in Forest Grove. Matthew and I joined them for lunch, a campus tour, and the dessert farewell at the end of the day. It was nice to be able to meet some of the people and see what an interview day entails. I could have gone to more, but I did not want to be a disturbance and with a wiggly 18month old, I would have been or rather the wiggly 18 month old who was with me would have been. We won't know how the interview went for at least a week which is going to drive me crazy because I want to know. More than just wanting to know, I am worried that we will wait so long for Pacific to get back to us and loose his seat at Indiana (they are filled first come first serve from their accepted applicants, if he waits too long he will be put on a waiting list and might not get a seat in the class, and since he cancelled all the other interviews that is a really big deal!) Never the less I am worried and would love nothing more than to just send the $500.00 to hold his seat... but it is non-refundable and we can't really afford to potentially throw that much money away.
Matthew had fun on this trip too though. On Friday morning while Chris was going through the first part of his interview day, Matthew and I went swimming in the hotel pool, and went on a walk, and then he got to take a nap (lucky kid). After all the interview stuff was over we went and saw my parents at their hotel in town and he got to play with Grandpa and Grandma! We all went out to dinner and then went back to our respective hotels.
Saturday, we went to breakfast at a place called Maggies Buns (famous for their cinnamon rolls, we all shared a cinnamon roll and I had the best omelet ever!) then we went and looked at a couple houses I had set up to view while we were in town. Matthew loved running around the first house because it was empty so he got to have fun exploring. The second house was not empty so he did not enjoy that as much. Then we went and explored this neat building in Forest Grove called The Grand Lodge. It was a neat place and Matthew loved running up and down the halls and dragging his grandparents up and down the stairs as often as he could convince them to take him. The halls of the lodge are painted with pictures and descriptions of local history, as well as the history of the building. After all this we took Matthew back to the hotel fed him lunch and he took an almost 3 hour nap (we wore him out!).
When he woke up we went and explored the town a little more, and he got to play in the park. He loved the twisty slide and I know he had fun playing with his Grandparents. After that we went to dinner and then a little while after dinner we went back to The Grand Lodge to watch a small band play (The Whiskey Puppies) not really my style of music but they were pretty good and Matthew loved watching them play and dancing to the music. We had a really yummy dessert while we listened to the show, it was a really great end to the day!
Sunday marked the end of our trip. We had breakfast with my parents at their hotel. Then Matthew spotted the pool and talked Grandpa into taking him swimming in the "WaWa," Chris and I joined them because swimming sounded like fun. After that we all cleaned up and headed home.
It was a great weekend and we had a lot of fun hanging out with my parents. Now it is back to reality and playing the waiting game. I really really want to be done and be able to start planning for our move in June, that is coming quick and we are having a baby in the middle of all this which will only make it come faster! On another note I think we may have settled on a middle name for baby girl, this makes me happy because then we can narrow down first names a little more :)

No comments: