Saturday, February 18, 2012

This is New...

So the last few days I have noticed a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions, especially today. I never had any with Matthew, at least none that I felt or noticed. I read up on them because I didn't really know when they were suppose to start or how frequently they are suppose to happen. Apparently I am right on track for them, I am just wondering if this means I will go into labor on my own with this pregnancy, or if it is not an indicator of anything different and I can just feel them better because it is my 2nd pregnancy? I guess it is a question for my doctor at next weeks appointment :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I had them with both my kids for months. I noticed they were worse when I was working too hard. Never went into labor by myself, but I never got to that point really. I remember talking to my mom almost a month before Travis was born and I had three B-H contractions in our 40 minute conversation. See started to panic that I was going into labor. But then everything just stopped. They definitely aren't fun, but they are sign that things are getting closer... :)

Becky Bell said...

i don't remember having any with Libby, but lots with Elliot. Maybe it's easier to notice them the 2nd time around? my friend julie had them for several months and she had to be induced.